Cheesus Christ


“as I lay me down / heaven, hear me now / I’m lost without a cause / after giving it my all // winter storms have come / and darkened my sun / after all that I’ve been through / who on earth I can turn to // I look to you / I look to you / after all my strength is gone / in you I can be strong // I look to you / I look to you / and when melodies are gone / in you I hear a song / I look to you / I look to you” - I Look to You, Mercedes


“I don't believe in God.”
“Wait, what?”
“You’ve all professed your beliefs. I’m just stating mine. I think God is kind of like Santa Claus for adults. Otherwise, God's kind of a jerk, isn't he? I mean, he makes me gay and then has his followers going around telling me it's something that I chose. As if someone would choose to be mocked every single day of their life. And right now I don't want a heavenly father. I want my real one back.”
“But Kurt, how do you know for sure? I mean, you can't prove that there's no God.”
“you can't prove that there isn't a magic teapot floating around on the dark side of the moon with a dwarf inside of it that reads romance novels and shoots lightning out of it boobs, but it seems pretty unlikely, doesn't it?”


“I know you don't believe in God, and you don't believe in the power of prayer, and that's okay. To each his own. But you've got to believe in something. Something more than you can touch, taste or see. 'cause life is too hard to go through it alone, without something to hold onto and without something that's sacred.”


“Do you believe in God, Jeannie?”
“Do you?”
“No, I don't”
“Why not?”
“Because when we were little girls, you were perfect in my eyes... and I watched the world be cruel to you, so...”
God never makes mistakes. That’s what I believe. You want me to pray for you, Sue?”
“Yeah. That would be nice.”


“I’m sorry about the other day, Dad. I should have let those guys pray for you. It wasn't about me. It was about you, and... It was nice.
I don’t believe in God, Dad. But I believe in you. And I believe in us. You and me-- that's what's sacred to me. And I am... I’m so sorry that I never got to tell you that.”



If God had a name what would it be? / And would you call it to his face? / If you were faced with Him in all His glory / what would you ask if you had just one question? // and yeah, yeah, God is great / ah, yeah, God is good / yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah // what if God was one of us? / Just a slob like one of us / Just a stranger on the bus / Tryin' to make his way home? // If God had a face what would it look like? / And would you want to see if, seeing meant / that you would have to believe in things like heaven / and in Jesus and the saints, and all the prophets?  // and yeah, yeah, God is great / ah, yeah, God is good / yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah // what if God was one of us? / Just a slob like one of us / Just a stranger on the bus / Tryin' to make his way home? // Back up to heaven all alone / No, nobody calling on the phone / No, just tryin' to make his way home / Nobody calling on the phone / 'Cept for the Pope maybe in Rome.” - One of Us, Glee Cast
Glee S02E03

God is there, I believe. Not really watching every single one of us, but He’s there. Lending a help whenever we need it, then go on doing His other jobs when he’s not around. And the God existence itself perhaps is between us, we really could never tell. But one thing I learn now, you can make a God of your own perception. Believe in what you want, treat him the way you want to. But there’s a bigger power than what you believe in, and there He is, the real God that make everything happens in your daily life.

Share:

0 comments